Kago Basket - Square, Large
Create a basket design that only you will have in the world by bending this Kago into your favorite form as many times as you would like for your fruits, bread, or anything your heart desires.
Tin normally is a hard metal, but that is only because other metals are mixed in to cause it to harden. However, by utilizing 100% real tin allows for the metal to stay in a soft state allowing you to bend it into the shape you desire. Tin has natural antibacterial properties, allowing it to be safe for food and a more accessible basket with its free-form capabilities.
Nousaku was founded in 1916, inheriting a traditional casting technique that has been passed down through multiple generations for over 400 years in Takaoka, Japan. Originally manufacturing Buddhist ritual objects, items for tea ceremony and flower vases made of brass and bronze, they have recently started to manufacture tableware, incense holders and many other interior design items. Nousaku makes consistently high-quality brass and bronze products that marry its casting techniques inherited from the days of old with a modern design.
Kago - Square, Large
• 9.8" W x 9.8" D x .1" H (Before Folding)
• 100% Real Tin
• 1.4 lbs
• After use, use a soft sponge and wash with a neutral kitchen detergent. After washing, wipe it off with a dry cloth.
• If the gloss becomes dull, dissolve the baking soda in a neutral kitchen detergent or water and polish it with a paste.
• Due to its low melting point, please keep it away from heat sources
• Avoid excessive force and bending at one area as it may damage the tin. The tin is not suitable for daily bending.
• As it is a soft material, it may be scratched by the use of metal cutlery.
• Not Microwave or dishwasher safe.
• Toyama, Japan
Jinen processes and ships in-stock items within 1-2 business days. If your item is out of stock you will be contacted via email.
Please note that we do not ship orders internationally.
Orders over $150 that ship within the contiguous United States receive free standard shipping automatically.
We offer shipping via UPS and USPS.
Upon the arrival of your package, please check to see if all items have arrived safely. If any items have arrived damaged, please contact us within 3 business days.
If for any reason you are not happy with your purchase, you may return unused items.
Items must be received within 30 days of purchase with the original product packaging for an exchange or full refund for the purchase price of the product.
To start your return process, please have your order number and the email address associated with the order ready. Click this link here to begin.
For more information regarding our return policy, please click here.
If you have any other inquiries about shipping/returns or any questions about our products, please use our contact us form.