Kago Basket - Square, Large
Create a basket design that only you will have in the world by bending this Kago into your favorite form as many times as you would like for your fruits, bread, or anything your heart desires.
Tin normally is a hard metal, but that is only because other metals are mixed in to cause it to harden. However, by utilizing 100% real tin allows for the metal to stay in a soft state allowing you to bend it into the shape you desire. Tin has natural antibacterial properties, allowing it to be safe for food and a more accessible basket with its free-form capabilities.
Nousaku was founded in 1916, inheriting a traditional casting technique that has been passed down through multiple generations for over 400 years in Takaoka, Japan. Originally manufacturing Buddhist ritual objects, items for tea ceremony and flower vases made of brass and bronze, they have recently started to manufacture tableware, incense holders and many other interior design items. Nousaku makes consistently high-quality brass and bronze products that marry its casting techniques inherited from the days of old with a modern design.
Kago - Square, Large
• 9.8" W x 9.8" D x .1" H (Before Folding)
• 100% Real Tin
• 1.4 lbs
• After use, use a soft sponge and wash with a neutral kitchen detergent. After washing, wipe it off with a dry cloth.
• If the gloss becomes dull, dissolve the baking soda in a neutral kitchen detergent or water and polish it with a paste.
• Due to its low melting point, please keep it away from heat sources
• Avoid excessive force and bending at one area as it may damage the tin. The tin is not suitable for daily bending.
• As it is a soft material, it may be scratched by the use of metal cutlery.
• Not Microwave or dishwasher safe.
• Toyama, Japan